This is a little underbust corset which matches the silk waistcoat. It’s made to a pattern that I drafted a couple of years ago. The only alteration I made to the original was that I boned the modesty panel with plastic rather than metal. This makes it much lighter to wear, and as the metal boning isn’t really structural in the modesty panel it’s probably superfluous.
I didn’t have quite enough fabric left to make matching bias binding for the edges, so it’s bound with satin. You can’t see the true shape of the corset on my dressform – it’s much more curvy in real life. Even though it looks very plain and simple, I’m really pleased with the way this corset’s turned out. I hope its new owner is too!